I hope what I write about life touches you in some way. I hope that what I go through helps you live life a little bit easier. I hope the words written here helps change something for the better. Read on, dear friends. Read on, and help me like I hope I help you.

Tuesday 21 October 2014

(Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light. -Albus Dumbledore)

Alright, alright. It's ridiculous. This morning, at 1:45 am, the fire alarm went off in the cabin that our three teams are staying in. I literally bolted up, confused for a moment. I asked "What time is it?" before I checked my phone. Okay. Well, I wrapped my sleeping bag around me and went outside. 26 of us were standing there, confused, becuase we didn't know where to go. As there was no fire, after five minutes, my team leader said, "Why don't we all go to the kitchen?" The kitchen is in a different building, so we went. I hustled so I could sit on one of the couches in the kitchen. The alarm was still going off, and it did so for another ten minutes. One of the guys running the camp came by and shut off the alarm. The team leaders went through to make sure that the cabin didn't smell of smoke or anything. So, about five-ish minutes later, the Kansas City Fire Department stopped by. I went outside and all the ladies of my team were outside the door. We stopped and stared for a moment. Then, the guy who shut off the alarm took two of the firefighters to check the fuse box. It seems like everything was fine.

But, four hours after the alarm was shut off and the FD left, the fire alarm rang again! At six am. I was slow in getting up because I knew there wasn't a fire. The alarm was getting faulty. So, I took my time checking the time, wrapping my sleeping bag around me and sliding on my flip flops. I headed back to the kitchen, sad on the couch, and tried to get some shut eye. This time, the alarm was on for maybe five minutes.

As we left the kitchen, two of the team leaders told their teams that they were leaving at 8.30 as opposed to the usual 7.20 departure time. Thank gosh, I got another hour of sleep. Especially since I lost an hour after the 1:45 alarm. I hadn't slept that hard all night; that one hour was the hardest I slept.
I am so hoping that we don't get a repeat, even though it does make for a good story now.

But, let's be real. It's annoying to have to get up twice in one night because of a faulty fire alarm system. Even though I knew it was faulty. Whatever; nothing happened, there was no fire, we're all safe. And that's what matters.

So, today, I'm working on stuff that's not office work related. I'm working on team stuffs related. And honestly, I would rather get that done, because if I don't, then there will be problems. I would rather do the stuff I have to do for me to graduate the program and for my team rather than the office-related work. To be far, it's also easier than what I have to do for the office. So, yeah.

Okay, so. It's just about lunch time, so I'm going to go. Y'all have a good day. Stay awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you were okay Charly... I live a block away from firetrucks and I have tuned them out... I rarely hear them... I guess you just get used to them :)

    ReplyDelete