I hope what I write about life touches you in some way. I hope that what I go through helps you live life a little bit easier. I hope the words written here helps change something for the better. Read on, dear friends. Read on, and help me like I hope I help you.

Saturday 8 September 2012

So, after a three hour drive last night, we're on the other side of the state. South Haven, to be exact. We had dinner after we got in with family friends at the house we are staying at... Which has a lake view of Lake Michigan. After dinner, we went on a walk down the beach to see the lighthouse out here. It was beautiful out, but it was dark, cold and rainy. So, blah.
Anyhow, I'm planning to go down by the beacn and write. Maybe being by the lake and the beach, and being in a different place entirely, will give me some inspiration that I've been lacking recently. It would definately help if I could write something... and didn't have a block. However, I've already gotten some inspiration from the deep, azure blue of the lake, the white-capped waves (in French, white caps are muttons blanche!!! White sheep???? Really?)... the baby blue sky with white, fluffy clouds lazily floating across it. See? There's some poetry there...
I am not looking forward to the three hour drive back tomorrow, but what can I say? It's something that I have to suffer through to be home again, to see my friends... all that good shit.
OH, by the way, I finally have my car back. Thank goodness, I was getting tired of driving my sister's car or walking everywhere. Bah humbug.
Anyhow. I don't know. I'm hoping for a relatively lazy day, maybe going to the downtown district, buying a postcard or two, lazing around at the house, reading and writing at the beach. Things like that. It's a wonderful place, but dad says that this is a vacation...
Speaking of, he said that the whole way here, and last night, when all I wanted to do is go to bed, he said that I had no choice but to go on a walk down the beach with everyone when I was tired from being the one DRIVING out here, in the RAIN and WIND... the wind that kept pushing at the car, the wind that I had to fight all the way here, the rain that the wind made me slip on.... I was the one who went through all that amazing stress, and all I wanted to do at eleven o'clock at night was to sleep.
Whatever, I'll get over it.
Anyways, I'm going to get off here, get the day going the way I planned, hopefully.
Have a great day and a great weekend, if I don't write tomorrow.
~~Charly

2 comments:

  1. Charly, so happy to see you write again... I understand blocks... I usually write some boring piece just to write and then I get inspired again. When are you moving out and when will your father let you grow up, you are not a child:S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea when I am moving out. Soon, though, because I can't stand this. Oh, well, I will live... BLAH

    ReplyDelete