I hope what I write about life touches you in some way. I hope that what I go through helps you live life a little bit easier. I hope the words written here helps change something for the better. Read on, dear friends. Read on, and help me like I hope I help you.

Monday 25 February 2013

FanGirling.....

As much as I would love to say I am leading my normal life (I am, BUT...), I have officially entered the world of being a fangirl. It's kind of crazy... I guess. I've been listening to The Wanted constantly, liking them on Facebook, following the band on Twitter.... and following each and every band member on Twitter. I've even started following other people in this fandom (a.k.a. TWFanmily... or, in normal people terms, The Wanted Fanmily.... shall we go even more basic? If you don't know what a fanmily is, it's just another term for a fandom.). I'm officialy crazed.

The Wanted: (Left to Right) Siva Kaneswaran, Max George, Tome Parker, Jay McGuiness, Nathan Sykes

But... There is nothing better than the feeling of being part of something that is bigger than you. Because that's what this is, I am part of something that isn't just with me. It's a whole following. Supporting the band through whatever they're doing, keeping up with what's going on... Being part of a fandom that does exactly what you are doing.
The whole thing with this is that this is the first time I am investing myself in acutally being a fangirl. When I was younger, I used to be a fan of the Backstreet Boys, but it was never to this extent. Granted, I was also 11 or 12, there wasn't Facebook or Twitter or anything. But this is something totally different. I think it'll be hard to outgrow this band. I really hope that they can  move forward and keep up with the times, like Maroon 5 or Bon Jovi (which are two more really good bands, but...). I would feel sad if they didn't move forward and they stay in this decade.
But, that is beside the point. I screamed like a girl (well, I am a girl) when The Wanted won Favorite Break-Out Artist at the PCA's (for all 12 of you who don't know what that is, it's the People's Choice Awards)... I've voted for The Wanted about a dozen times on Nickelodeon's Kid's Choice Awards (like everybody in TWFanmily, I presume, despite the fact that I am not a kid). My Facebook cover photo is of the band, and my profile picture is of one of the members, Siva. Such is the life of a fangirl, I guess.
I feel like I am the only one who's gone through this in my family... well, aside from my sister, Helene, who likes Mumford & Sons, but... She'll also listen to other music aside from theirs when she's listening to music on her iPod or computer. My mom doesn't get it. She just thinks I am fricking crazy for fangirling as much as I am. But what can I say?
I am so stoked right now, because The Wanted is making tour dates in the US and the UK. They're supposed to come in the second half of this year, and I can't stop hoping and praying to the Universe that I will be able to go. (Yes, I pray to the Universe. I dont' want to tie myself down to one certain religion, I am more the person who conforms certain beliefs from every religion to myself.) I keep hoping that somehow, I will be able to go, that I will have the means to do so. I also would love it if I had their music.... But right now... I have youtube for that.
Ugh.... Being a fangirl without the means to at least be able to buy myself their music kind of suxx. But... At least I am a huge enough of a fan to be a fangirl and part of TWFanmily. <3 And that's all that matters. We stick up for our band, we vote for them in the award ceremonies we can, we support them through the ones we can't, and no matter what.... We support them, even through their tight spots and lows.....
Well, I have to go, my sister's car has to go in....
Much love to you all <3
~Charly

2 comments:

  1. Have as much fun as you can while you are young Charly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. Until the day I move out (tonight or tomorrow... maybe even later in the wk...)

    ReplyDelete