I hope what I write about life touches you in some way. I hope that what I go through helps you live life a little bit easier. I hope the words written here helps change something for the better. Read on, dear friends. Read on, and help me like I hope I help you.

Tuesday 18 December 2012

[Somebody hit me in the head… oh, yeah, it’s almost Christmas]

One week until the big day. Yup, it's almost Christmas, guys. And hopefully, this next week will be less stressful (emphasis on less.). I think that it should be, because my dad leaves for France tomorrow. I will be working this evening, so I won't see much of him. My mom follows him a week after he leaves (yea, he is gone for Christmas; I don't know if I should be happy or sad, but it will definitely be less stressful without him around….). I think that it will be good for them to be away for awhile. If not for their mental health, then for their relationship. But they come back the 3rd of next month, so I mean, it won't be like they're gone for the whole winter season, or anything.

I am hopefully done with my Christmas shopping, although I do have a week if I need to get anything for anyone else. I might get small things for everybody; you know, stuff to put in their stockings (well, shit, my dad is opening his gifts this evening, and I didn't get him shit. Oh, well, I think he'll live). At least, I can get small stuff for everyone else. I got stuff for my sister (earrings, a fragrance mist and a book) and I got my mom some scented lotion. However, it'd be nice to get my brother something, even if it is small. For my dad, well, I can email him a poem or something, seeing as to I am pretty good at writing (if I do say so, myself.). See? Despite my anger, I can still do something nice for them.

So, anyways.

Despite not having my grandmother for Christmas this year, I think that we're going to be okay. I mean, she isn't here with us physically, but she certainly here with us in spirit. She wouldn't want us to be sad that she isn't here. If she were here, she'd scold us and tell us that it is Christmas, that we shouldn't be sad, but merry and that it isn't about her being gone. It's about us spending time with one another and being happy to be in each other's company. And that was the lesson that my mom and grandmother tried to instill in us for so long. Although, when we were younger, I don't think we care; we were more into our presents than spending time with one another.

I am hoping that after this week, things will get better. I mean, Christmas seems more stressful than it should be (for crying out loud, people, I don't know why you're so stressed during the MOST HAPPIEST TIME OF THE DAMN YEAR!!!!!), so, I guess that might have something to do with how stressed out my parents are. But I think that us kids do need to do a little bit better with our responsibilities and how we act. Granted, my sister is turning 17 in almost two weeks, I am 21 in less than two months and my brother is just 14, but we are old enough to know better. But it doesn't help that our parents think that it is okay to set parameters on how they think we should act and be and, and, and…. You know? But, I mean, if we respected the fact that we live in their house and acted a bit better, they wouldn't be as stressed, especially during this time of year.

Whatever. Merry Christmas, mom and dad, for realizing something that you've been trying to beat into our heads for the past few years. You know, you hear something enough, you learn it. Like I said, whatever.

But on the other side of that token, should they have the right to act like they do when something doesn't go their way? Because we're their kids, is there some set of rules that we don't know about that allows them to get this stressed and angry at us whenever we don't do something right? Should we be following what they want down to a t to make them happy?

We're their kids, yes. But do they own us? I don't think that's how it goes. Yes, we are their kids, but I don't think that gives them the right to get pissed at us for doing something wrong. I mean, life tests us so that we learn lessons, right? So, why don't they let us learn our lessons without their reservations and fears?

They don't want us making the same mistakes they did, and I get that. But still. We can't learn what is right for us if they don't let us do that for ourselves. Or am I wrong in thinking that? I don't know, I'm just writing and rambling, hoping that an answer will smack me in the face.

Okay, senseless babbling is over. I have to get some shit done before I go to work in about an hour and a half.

Well, I mean, in a minute.

I mean, I like to randomly type (or write). Because sometimes things seem more in perspective after I write it out. Or maybe I can get some perspective from other people. Who knows? Right?

So, anyway…

… is it already Tuesday? No way, I am not ready for the rest of the week. Ugh. Whatever, I will live, right?

Okay, so the siblings are home and I think the dog needs to go out, so I'll leave with this.

Have a great day (and week, if I don't write again this week.).

I hope that you and yours have a wonderful, happy, blessed Christmas, Hanukah, Kwanza, Yuletide, and whatever holiday you celebrate this holiday season.

And don't forget to tell your mother, father, grandparents, daughters, brothers, sons, sisters, aunts, uncles and cousins that you love them, because you don't know how long you have with them. And, oh, yeah, it's the holiday season!!!! J Have a great one.

~Charly

2 comments:

  1. Have an amazing Christmas Charly, you are right about one thing, your parents don't own you and there has to be another way to deal with things instead of their way... it needs to be a two way street :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Launna,
    Thank you, I hope yours is blessed and happy. Frankly, this whole they "own" me crap is kind of getting old; I was just hoping that for the holiday season, they weren't going to do that. And, like you said, we all have to figure out how to deal with it, and doing together would be a good thing.

    ReplyDelete